Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I have a 2004 impala base with the 3400, 88,000 miles and I love the car. But I bought it about 1.5-2 years ago and have since gotten a new job with higher pay. Since I do have a bit more money I kind of want to upgrade possibly to a 7th or 8th gen SS? Or maybe a trailblazer SS? Can anyone with one of those tell me what they like or hate about theirs? Or any other suggestions? Not 100% sure on whether I want to get rid of mine yet but I am looking for possibilities! Thanks in advanced for any help or replays!

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
If paid for and not giving you trouble save you money look around and see what you like. Look at 2012,2013 impala love the 6 speed and the new 3.6 engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see, i would love that new of a car but, i would have to finance and being only 21 my credit isnt that great yet. i was mainly looking at the 8th gen impalas or a 7th gen SS. something i could trade my car in plus a grand or two and be done with it ya know? but i ran into a problem after i test drove an 06 ltz yesterday, since i had swapped clusters (my gas and temp gauges quit working) my cluster shows around 30,000 miles less than is actually on the car. without being able to prove the mileage they could only offer me $2,000 but they said if i could find a way to prove it has 88,000 they ssaid they could give me $5,000 for it. which sucks because i fell in love with the LTZ and the asking price of $8,200 during the test drive! but ill just save some money and look for something on craigslist this summer! thanks for the reply though!

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
You'd have to prove the mileage when the new cluster was installed, as in to the day. Then add what's been added on the new one and have the odometer reset to the proper mileage.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No, only in the cluster.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Yikes I hope you still have your old cluster. If not figure out the difference in mileage and have the replacement set to the correct mileage. Just proves my point of setting the mileage to the correct amount from the get go.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
2nd 7th gen SS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts