Impala Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but am hoping for some help.

Two days ago I got a message on the DIC saying "Service Side Detection System." Driving that day my blind spot detection was not working correctly. Same message came on throughout the day upon startup and randomly during driving. Yesterday the same message appeared, but this time the right passenger mirror indicator light was locked on and the driver mirror indicator light remained off. Last night when I got home, I tried a couple things to do a reset but made no progress. When I turn my car on now I get "Service Front Camera", "Service Park Assist System", and "Service Side Detection System" messages on the DIC.

I am concerned this may be a BCM problem, and am nervous what else might become affected since the BCM basically controls the entire car. I have done some research and no one seems to have a solution to this, but I do not want to take it to the dealer without trying some more things as I am out of my basic warranty. No recalls on it right now either. This is not currently affecting my ability to drive the car safely, but I am concerned other things will start to malfunction. I am hoping this is a simple fix (not banking on it though).

This is a 2015 Impala LTZ with 47k.

Any advice or similar experiences/problems?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts