Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, I vote you rebuild what you got...just make certain you go to a shop that knows what they are doing, there are many stories of poorly installed gears.

·
Registered
23 Posts
True, I meant rebuild the differential...replace the posi and gears with new ones of choice, good time for 3.42 or 3.73 gears (or even 4.11 for the suburbia terrorists).

Even if the Auburn was rebuildable I wouldn't recommend doing so since there are better built options available.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
A big selling point on the Eaton is it is rebuildable, BUT once you look into the price of the rebuild parts that costs as much as new.

Mine has peg legged on me a few times in the burnout box and I am not yet decided on what will replace it.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
prices mines fried???!!!!!:smile::eek::biggrin::mad:

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
On the lowned probably $450+ for the posi, $250+ for labor, $30+ for bearings a lot more if you do them all, and really it would be a good time to do gears $150-250 for them, $20-100 for the ABS relector to match.

Chance of finding grooved axle shafts which would add maybe another $200+ to the cost of the job, no need to replace them if they are in good shape though, they are plenty strong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts