Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a popping sound in my left front when I'm coming to a stop on my 92 Roadmaster. I've visually inspected the bushings and bolts at that corner and I can't find any problems. The car has 52000 miles and is rust free, I just bought it and it was mechanic owned previously and meticulously maintained. At this point my best guess is the ball joint on the lower control arm. It only seems to make the pop sound when I'm about to come to a slow stop, and it doesn't do it every time.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Have you checked caliper bolts? Just a thought

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I checked all the bolts and bushings after I jacked it up and took the wheel off.

Yesterday I found that if I started leaning the car back and forth while driving straight and tossing the wheel left and right real quick it would make the pop sound.

Do you know what service manual the dealer uses to work on these cars and where to get one?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Yeah I checked all the bolts and bushings after I jacked it up and took the wheel off.

Yesterday I found that if I started leaning the car back and forth while driving straight and tossing the wheel left and right real quick it would make the pop sound.

Do you know what service manual the dealer uses to work on these cars and where to get one?
Helm Incorporated: Publications

This should do you, just look for your car year and order.:eek:k3:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts