Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about the new and future Pontiac cars. They claim they are going up against BMW. The Grand Prix is almost extinct and will be replaced by the G8. GTO is gone. What up with Pontiac?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
pontiac going after BMW? i think you might have them confussed with Cadilac. the G8 is going to be badass, way cool then the Grand Prix. the GTO is gone, but with the new Camaro, hopefully there will soon be a new Trans Am.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 95 trans am I love it but thay are fighting an up hill battle. going up against a car that is Front engine rear traction like the BMW's is going to be hard with out the GTO. All pontiac cars today are FWD They need to bring the Trans Am Back like the new Camaro. they also need a car with the new Impala platform RWD V8. How ever the Solstice gxp is a Great start to fight this war! but no FWD will work. The FWD hype is dead

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lately we have had a few new pontiacs show up at our carshows. we accept all classes and all years. i think pontiac is on the way back up until now all i have seen are classic pontiacs. pontiac tried before with the fierro i think its downfall was thejapanese version the 3000gt was the downfall of the fierro (pontiac) I think Pontiac should keep there ideas to themselves. We have to many foreign cars anyways. Go on American Go pontiac

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Hell wit em,, I Liked the GTO,, >1965-68< but
i say 1968 retro body style for 2008-2009
they should try to bring back the OLDS 442 front engine rear drive scense they messed up the GTOs appearance and just leave it alone until they get a desginer with some knoweldge & appreation for Classic Muscle cars.

"CUTLASS 442" think of it >>>
OLDSMOBILE ROCKET 455CID 7.1L 502CID of fuel injected muscle from their Chevy dulley PU,,, 460 hp & 500tq
OK GMC division weve waited long enough!
Ford HIT a
HOME RUN WIT THE NEW MuSTANG Body Style. DODGE IS BSN Around,, CHARGER what a JOKE Cuz i was hoping for a 69-71 CHARGER BODY STYLE with the same ENGINE /TRANNY that the HEMI pickups have now.

PoNtiac screwed up the GTO they should have made a retro body style for the new GTO release I like the 65-67 any of these would have made a good eye peice.
they could of saved us Pontiac lovrz some mental stress and dissapointment and just put the CORVETT ZO6 engine into a new RAM AIR GRAND PRIX with a 6speed. then offered the Ls4 motor into the Grand AM (G6) and made a 4 door sport car opional for the 2004-07 line up and called it>> the return of the TEMPES<< GT>.
see if the people bite on it instead of the way they choosen
WE ALL KNOW IF YOU PUT A VETT ENGINE/ Drivetrain INTO ANY THING,, YOU GOT A GOOD MUSCLE CAR.

ITS BEEN DONE TIME OVER again.
LETS See IF the NEW CHEVY CAMERO SS hits, and the new CHALLENGER.

Maybe GMC will get it right this time>>

Because the FORD MUSTANG STILL LOOKS LIKE the old school MUSTANG(s) and is Better than the last style change back in 1994.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pontiac has become the spoiled brat division of GM. They don't even design their own cars anymore. They take everyone elses designs, put the red triangle and sometimes a turbo on them and call them Pontiacs. At least they designed their own body for the Saturn/Opel designed Kappa platform (Sky, Opel GT, Solstice, Saab Aero X concept)

(Yes, I know the Solstice was the first released, but all Pontiac did with the design was the body and stiffened the suspension. Saturn and Opel spent almost two years designing it!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts