Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have no knowledge on spacers, do I need to cut my factory studs in order to to put 1 1/4 inch spacers on. My vehicle is located elsewhere so I am not able to check before I get to it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Spacers in the springs to heighten?
There’s a lot of options. I chose the 1” hard rubber ones which didn’t raise it enough. But to do that, ideally a person would compress each spring and put it either at the top or bottom between the spring and the top or bottom plates. Idk of a way to do it w out taking each one off the vehicle.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Oh, I did take them off again and added a second 1” so my rears on the 15 limited ltz have one at the top and bottom.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man, I did fail to mention that the spacers I. Talking about are wheel spacers/adapters. Thanks for your input on spring spacers though.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I’d think you’d want to lengthen the studs. One thing to consider is how the wheels will stay centered. I don’t know much about wheel spacers but I do know when looking for alternative wheels one wants to be sure they stay centered and those spacers may alter the centering.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Normally when a wheel spacer is that thick they bolt to the original studs. Which means that the studs will probably need to be cut so they don't protrude.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts