Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 chevy impala with 88000 miles. The air conditioner stopped working for about a week. I was gonna replace the blower motor but before I got to it after a short couple hour trip I got a message saying that the engine power is reduced, stabilitrak needs serviced and traction control needs service. The AC started working again oddly. I have some error codes here P0174, P0171, P0496 , P0442, P2272, and P0191. My gas cap was loose so I just tightened that and then I cleaned my mass air flow sensor. It might take care of a couple codes but Any suggestions on what it could be?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have a 2012 chevy impala with 88000 miles. The air conditioner stopped working for about a week. I was gonna replace the blower motor but before I got to it after a short couple hour trip I got a message saying that the engine power is reduced, stabilitrak needs serviced and traction control needs service. The AC started working again oddly. I have some error codes here P0174, P0171, P0496 , P0442, P2272, and P0191. My gas cap was loose so I just tightened that and then I cleaned my mass air flow sensor. It might take care of a couple codes but Any suggestions on what it could be?

I purchased a new 2012 Impala LTZ, which I no longer own.

GM issued a TSB regarding the improper routing of several wiring harnesses in the engine compartment for the 2012 Impala (all models), which eventually leads to the chafing of the wiring - and numerous warning messages and codes being set. The bulletin was issued in 2012 or 2013 (and may have been revised or updated).

I used to have a copy of the TSB, but I no longer do. The bulletin had photos of the problem locations, and instruction on how to re route an wrap the suspect locations. The bulletin was lengthy. Some of the locations were very easy to see and reach from above, several required a little digging.

The MAY be your problem. You may want to spend some time doing an Internet search for the TSB. I think at one time the bulletin was posted on this forum.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

Here you go: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2012/MC-10071203-3639.pdf

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

Was any of this information helpful?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yah, my '07, same thing; about 60 mph on hiway, trac control light would come on, info screen reading "engine power reduced". WTF!? Shut off car 10 -15 min., start back up, light out, carefully drive home. On mine issue was throttle position sensor; black plastic cover on side of throttle body has 7 clips holding it to body. Saw one at AutoZone for $100, made photocopy of images, took to location of 1 in stock; was GM Delco part, at AutoZone! Hah! Installed on car, easy, but throttle body must be removed from car and installation done on bench. Installed back on intake manifold; car ran little funky but few times on / off with ignition couple days and got smoother. Fine now. No light or limping home. YouTube has few videos for fix, check them. Enter "TPS Repair 2012 Impala". Best to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts