Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Chevy Impala and ever since I've gotten it I've been having this same problem. First thing I want to say is I've had all four tires replaced with brand new tires, I've had the front and back brakes changed, I've had my bushings and my control arms changed so now I'm at a loss and I have no idea what the problem could be. It feels like it's mainly in my passenger tire area but when I'm driving it feels like my tire is wobbling so bad that it's going to pop right off. The issue is I have brand new tires so I know it's not my tires and like I said I just got the bushings and control arms fixed so now I'm just clueless as to what this issue is. The wobbling gets so bad that I can't even go over 30 mph at this point in the car. It gets even worse when I'm going up a hill or when the car has warmed up. Now when I'm breaking going down a hill and sometimes when I accelerate after being at a stop sign there is a popping sound coming from the front end. Can someone please help me figure out what the issue is? I'm tired of spending all this money fixing parts that aren't even the issue please help

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wow, that sounds severe. I would start by jacking up that right front wheel and have someone watch it while you put it in drive and accelerate it up to about 30 mph. Of course, make sure the parking brake is on good and firm. See if the wheel is wobbling. Are your wheels OEM, or aftermarket? Are the lug nuts the right ones for the wheels? Next, check to see if the hub bearing is loose, or making any noise while you rotate it by hand. Then check for a worn tie rod end, both outer and inner. Also, check the steering rack for worn bushings, or loose mounting bolts. When you had the control arms replaced, did you have an alignment done? If you had an alignment done, they should have checked all of those things during the procedure. Did it have this problem when you first got it? If so, why did you buy it? Or was it so cheap, you couldn't pass it up? Good luck, and please post back with what you found out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts