Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I installed an aftermarket head Unit in My 06 LTZ w/ BOSE (non premium, doesn't fade) and I have a interference/hiss that's is audible at all times. Also hear engine whine when accelerating.

Now I'm using the PAC GM-31 Interface and it is wired correctly and securely. I have spent hours on the phone with PAC's tech support and they have no idea. I have tested every wire to and from the deck with a voltmeter and nothing is out of the ordinary.

The strangest thing however is that when I turn the car off and the R.A.P. kicks in the hiss/interference all but disappeared. (just an occasional low static)

I have searched all over for weeks, including this forum and no luck. PLEASE help before I lose my mind!:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

·
Registered
369 Posts
This may sound strange, but years ago I ran Moroso Blue Max spark plug wires on my Plymouth Duster. They would interfere with the speakers and make a similar noise. Sometimes, a hot ignition setup causes that problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man 100 views and only 1 idea? I am thinking it is obviously interference on the power wire but where? I don't want to go tapping into the fuse box just it in case its something stupid...

·
Registered
369 Posts
I remember that there (used to be) filters you could buy to stop speaker noise. They attached to the wiring, I believe.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Run a new ground. Sometimes the factory ground cannot handle the added draw of an aftermarket head unit...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes bad ground I have a system in my ltz and had noise when I put in the new head unit I put noise blockers in the back deck. Still have a slight noise but can't really hear it when the radio in on playing music. Does it get worse when you Bluetooth to the radio? I would try a better ground and noise blockers. Worked for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts