Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the service traction control and brake assist lights on. also every now and then the brake light will come on. the brake light will eventually go off. in the past year and change I've replaced the hub twice, I've done all four brakes with pads and rotors. most recently I've changed the rear shocks and struts. Im hoping someone can point me in the direction on where to start to fix these lights so i can get a new inspection sticker. Thank you

·
Registered
436 Posts
I would look into trying to get those codes read so you can get a better idea of what wheel is giving you the issue. You will need a slightly more advanced code reader that can read abs codes. I would expect that you have a bad wiring harness for an abs sensor at one of your front wheels. They make new wiring pigtails that can be spliced into the harness. It is kind of a known issue on these cars. One of the members on this forum did a nice post about changing it
JT's 2012 Impala LT Mod Thread

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sometimes when you drive over a puddle of water, moisture will get into the ABS sensor wire connectors and throw the ABS warning light. When the water dries out, the light will go off. I know a guy who had this happen on a Nissan full size van several times. It also happened to me on my Impala once. I would pull all ABS wheel sensor connectors apart, dry them out if needed and remove any corrosion and use a bit of dielectric grease to keep the water out. Another cause for strange traction control warnings is a weak battery when voltage suddenly drops. I had this happen on my Impala several times and the battery always qauit a short time later and the message went away on its own.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Have you had it scanned for codes yet? It could be problems with the throttle position sensor in the gas pedal or throttle body on the engine. You can get it scanned for free at local auto parts stores.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts