Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Impala LTZ. My drivers side headlight low beam I noticed was not working when I locked my car with the key fob then it would come back on when I would unlock it. I didn't notice that happening anymore but when you started the car the light would be off. Wait for it, if you honk the horn it would come back on and and stay on until you turned off the car. Well now that will not even work and the light will not come on at all. I have changed the bulbs checked the fuse's. I don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
598 Posts
IIRC, someone on this forum was having a very similar issue to yours. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Edit:

Found it!

http://www.impalaforums.com/chevy-impala-8th-gen-discussion/1511537-2009-impala-lt-low-beam-headlight-issues.html

Basically the relays might require resoldering. Unfortunately on our cars the headlight relays are soldered on to the PCB board. There's more detail in that thread. (shoutout to @plano-doug)

The very last post, however, might be of extra interest to you. Someone had the exact same problem as you, down to blowing the horn to getting it to work. Turns out it was a burnt wiring harness. I'd start there.

Hopet his helps you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts