Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 95 impala ss and I found a small plastic piece inside the car and I am not sure where it came from, or even if it was from the car. It is black with the rough finish so it looks like it came from inside the car as it matches other interior plastic parts. It's in two pieces that fit together and slides apart
It's 3 3/4" long 1/2" wide and it came slide apart up to 6" and it has a locking clips at one end that looks like it goes against something 1" round and the other end has 1/2" long tapered prongs on either side at the bottom.
So I guess it's for something that moves back and fourth, like a seat or a ashtray, but I checked on them and don't seem to be missing any plastic trim pieces.
Any ideas? I can send over a picture to anyone that wants to see it if need be.
Thanks Guys.:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
OK no problemo, But I am not sure on the way to have them here with the posts, But I will give it a try, as I think I found the way to insert the pictures. Or should I just send it over to your email?
Thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK Here's the pictures of the part. I guess I should know what it's for, but I had the car new since 1995 and really don't use it all that much as the odometer only has 23,000 on it. I have the 2002 Avalanche as my other ride. And my daily run to work which is'nt all that far of 4 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
i thought so

i was pretty sure this is what you were talking about

and to be completely honest with you, i too have this piece (in my glove box) and have no idea where it goes:confused:

so that make two of us wanting to know what it is

hope someone has the answer to this one ..........:biggrin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for letting me know it is a part of your/ the car as I thought it may have been just a piece of something else that got dropped in there by mistake.
So I guess now it's onto the service manuals to try and locate the place where it goes.
I did have a problem with the rearview mirror falling off a while back, maybe it was up on the windsheild to cover up the wiring for the mirror? Did your mirror fall off too?
Now I will have to see if that was the trim for the wires!!!
:biggrin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yes it's the covering for the windsheild rearview mirror wiring! I should have known when I reinstalled the mirror a while ago. But when it fell off the plastic piece wound up under the seat and I did'nt think there was any cover for the wires. What threw me off was the fact that it's length was adjustable but that's understandable now as I know what it's for: as once the mirror is in place the cover needs to be expanded to hold it in place between the mirror and the windsheild trim.
Glad to be of help for you Impaladreamer 30 too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
thanx

i was going to go check it out myself earlier today, but i forgot i left the SS at the shop

i'm glad you found out what is was, as it has helped me out too

thanx again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts