Impala Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
For alignments, look into Firestone - they offer lifetime alignments for a very reasonable price. Can take your car into to get aligned whenever you want, as often as you want for free (well, for the one-time cost of the "lifetime" alignment).

They also offer lifetime wheel balancing...

I've had good luck with their alignment and balancing services.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Called Sams and they confirmed you pay and order on the sale date, then wait until they have your tires and have time to install them. I don't think Sams does alignments, so I am probably looking to shell out some more $ soon after I get the tires. I don't want to jack up new tires with a wobbly front end.
You can also order online, before the sale date, come in on sale date, pay for tires and have them installed all at the sale price. I have done this twice now. I usually order about 5 days before the sale date to make sure they get them in on time.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sams Club has a one day sale on Nov. 9th with $100 off four tires and also $60 off installation. Per the leaked ad, it looks like only Goodyear and Pirelli qualify. I had been looking at General for the tires I need to get before I am driving on totally bald tires in the snow. However, $160 off of four, is tough to pass up.
I drive mostly normal to easy on my cars, need four season as I cannot afford two sets of tire just to have snow tires specific for winter.
Any suggestions or reviews?
My tires are 225 -55 R17s
I have Pirelli P Zero Nero P275/40ZR20 tires on my Dodge Challenger Scat Pack and Goodyear P225/60 97V RS-A Plus Police tires on my daily driver. I've been running the Goodyear RS-A Plus Police tire for years with not single issue. I would recommend either tire. You could also go to Tire Rack and compare tire brands and see what brand has the better ratings for your needs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ended up getting the Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS Plus. Got to wait for them to ship in 3-5 days and I have to wait for the install team to have an opening (the line at the tire desk was 6-7 people long).

Tirerack rated it quite good,with the one medium/low point being wet driving. Well, I don't do crazy cornering with my car at all, and I certainly don't drive crazy when the roads are wet. Most of the time I am on dry roads or icy snowy roads, so I think this will be a great choice for my location and driving style.

Already found the local Blain's Farm and Fleet is way cheaper for an alignment job than the Chevy dealer would cost me.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The Goodyear Weather Readys were rated quite a bit higher for winter/snowy driving at 9.0 than the Cinturatos at 7.6 but hopefully you enjoy the new tires I'm sure they will be good.

One good thing about the Plus membership at Sams is you can get in a few hours earlier than most of the others that don't have that membership so I can usually go first thing in the morning without much of a wait at all.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
One good thing about the Plus membership at Sams is you can get in a few hours earlier than most of the others that don't have that membership so I can usually go first thing in the morning without much of a wait at all.
Our store used to open at 7 am for plus and business members, I am both a plus and business member. Store changed their opening time for those members at the beginning of October to 9 am with no warning to customers. Would not have took much to have cashiers say by the way we are changing our hours or had signage up at the doors. Regular opening time is 10. Kind of stinks for my situation, store is 35 minutes away one way, my kids school is about halfway in between. Used to be able to drop them off and hit sams and be back home a little after 9.

But yeah, it was nice to be able to be in the store without much wait or many other people.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yea I saw some stores were getting rid of the opening early benefit. If they do that to the store I go to then I may give up my plus membership. That was one of the great things about it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Update on the tires: Sams didn't get the tires in for almost two weeks and it was another week and a half before they could schedule putting them on. Now I have had the tires for a week or two and the improvement over bald cheap stock tires is amazing. I went with Pirelli over Goodyear as the Tirerack professional reviewers liked the cruising ride and feel better on them (even though customer reviews were better for Goodyear). Went with the tire to match my driving style (relaxed 6 mile cruise to work and one annual 1000 mile vacation drive, no time trials or anything). Basically I tend to drive like the theoretical little old lady every car dealer claims their used vehicles were driven by.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sams Club has a one day sale on Nov. 9th with $100 off four tires and also $60 off installation. Per the leaked ad, it looks like only Goodyear and Pirelli qualify. I had been looking at General for the tires I need to get before I am driving on totally bald tires in the snow. However, $160 off of four, is tough to pass up.
I drive mostly normal to easy on my cars, need four season as I cannot afford two sets of tire just to have snow tires specific for winter.
Any suggestions or reviews?
My tires are 225 -55 R17s
Pirelli hands down. No more goodyear tires here. Sams has been running great deals on tires that sometimes are not advertised, often hard to beat their deals. The pirelli's I put on our impala came from sams, we saved $140 on the set with instant savings, off their already good price.
^+1. No alignments @ Sam's.
Hello all
Everyone develops a preference through use. I'm on my second set of Goodyear Comfort Tread tires. I replaced the first set at 75k. Great ride and handling. The ideal place and time of purchase is Black Friday and a few days longer. $200.00 off the Goodyear company corporate owned store. 225 60 r16 out the door 450.00 no road hazard. The finest performing tire I ever purchased. My 2 cents take care
Code:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Update 2: Winter weather is so much easier when I don't have bald frigging tires. The Pirelli are doing awesome so far. It has been a mild MIchigan winter so far, but I have rarely seen my stabilization light come on. I am sure new Goodyear would have been great too, as anything would be better than running bald tires.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
We don't get much snow here and this year we had exactly 0. I don't think it has gotten below 32 but a few days this far. Warmest winter I can remember.
I don't like snow but this year I kinda wanted to get some to test out the car and trucks new tires.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts