Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want some tips and ideas on the best way to get my car back to normal (parting it out and selling it is not an option..only restoring)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
I think you need to get professionals involved because if that is not straight you are going to have problems with at least the windsheild leaking.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Go to a salvage yard and find the door, and the A-pillar for another b-body, have it cut out and then have a body shop cut, fit and wield the new part in. And they will put in a new windshield for you.

Pull the interior pieces you need as well from the donor car. Should not be too bad to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
yea thats a sad sad sight the fence just had no love for the running rampid b body :eek::mad:

·
Banned
351 Posts
If you were four feet to the right that would have been your face... Definitley glad to see this happened instead.

Metal is always fixable if you have the right resources. The above advice is spot on, especially regarding the A-Pillar from a donor car. it shouldnt be too hard to find a junked caprice/impala somewhere. Then just saws-all as much of it out as possible... You may even be able to grab the windshield from the same car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

haha...the funny part is that i saw that door on ebay a few weeks ago...so before i even clicked on that link i was thinking to myself "god i hope this isnt that damn yellow cab door"....if i get a chance ill go out there and take pics of the gate...that gate was like solid steel..and the part i hit..was like a solid steel sleeve that held the gate closed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts