Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any pics of a completly debadged 7th gen. Everything from grill to trunk and sail panel. EVERYTHING? All of theese? Dark blue would be great, but any will work. Thanks in advanced!!! :beer: :eek:k3:

Attachments

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I take it you are wanting to de-badge? I think the best look is obtained by removing the trunk and rear badges but, leaving the pillar's. Us LS folks have more to deal with (door badges). I have already removed the trunk badge and love the look. My next debadge will be removing the door badges. But, I am a little put-off/scared of damaging the paint.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very few people know what my car is actually, so I just want to add even more to the confusion. Plus I think it generally looks better on most cars.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was thinking about de-badging my 7th gen. I hate chrome lol. But the blck is a nice look

G25- just use fishing line. Saw thru it with the line and u should have no problems with messing up paint
Grab some goof off for the adhesive and dab it on let it sit for a few minutes and then u can peel the adhesive off

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I was thinking about de-badging my 7th gen. I hate chrome lol. But the blck is a nice look

G25- just use fishing line. Saw thru it with the line and u should have no problems with messing up paint
Grab some goof off for the adhesive and dab it on let it sit for a few minutes and then u can peel the adhesive off
Yes I know how to remove badges the "safe way". I use fishing line and windex as a lubricant. Using goof-off is a BAD idea. It takes paint and clear coats off. :eek:k3:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Not all LS's have the door script. Some base models also have it. It was dropped in 2004.

The more you know!
Gotcha. Was not aware of this :eek:k3:

·
Registered
455 Posts
I like the three Impala animals on this generation. I have a 2010 LS and I wish mine had those badges on it. All I have is 2 Gold Bowtie logos which are stupid, both one in the front and back. It looks a little bit too generic for me but most people know by now its an Impala. The only logo you should remove or upgrade is the front Bowtie Logo. I liked how GM decided not to advertise the Bowtie logo on the 7th generation Impala.

·
Registered
46 Posts
sorry for stealing your picture lol but i Photoshoped the rear of your car to see how it would look...not the best quality but it should give you a general idea

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's see it Matt!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'll have to take the chance, I know the trunk looks cleaner.

Starting to wish mine was white also, shes lookin good man.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Those are JDM, doesn't count :giggle:

I actually like the huge ass sticker on the back glass

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
If I had a nickel for every time someone disliked the sticker, I'd certainly have doubled my bank account by now. It sounds odd, but I actually love it because I felt the rear glass was too "open" with just a sea of black across the back which was predominantly white, whereas the sides have an abundance of black.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think it looks good, tasteful without being overdone.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts