Impala Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Looks good. No issues with a RWD offset on a FWD car?

Tappin' and drivin'
The only issue has been rear tire rub. I'm running 245/45/18s and the combination of 160k springs and wide offset wheels are causing more rub than I would have expected, even after fender rolling.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
The only issue has been rear tire rub. I'm running 245/45/18s and the combination of 160k springs and wide offset wheels are causing more rub than I would have expected, even after fender rolling.
I'm not surprised, I still find it weird that the front fenders come from the factory rolled and the rears don't. Now that I know that I can get the 17" wheels for $94 a piece, I REALLY want them.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Are we sure the part # is correct, by the way? I put it into gmpartsdirect.com, and they have a $94 wheel listed there, but no description or dimensions, and every other site I've gone to just lists that part number as a spare wheel for the base model. I want it to be true, I'm just not 100% sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks! You should ! But your car look sick right now

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
^^^ What he said! :eek:k3:

Adam just to be clear...

You're not a cop. Right..? :dunno:

I don't wanna freak out when I see ya ridin' behind or to the side of me... :yahoo:

Hell, we've almost got enough people in Plano to have us a meet... :mob:
HA!

I SPOTTED YOU!!! :yahoo:
I almost didn't get the pic at all because the light changed when I noticed you sitting there...
Those wheels looks so nice in person!!! :eek:k3::eek:k3:
Here's the proof:
Independence and Parker

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
HA!

I SPOTTED YOU!!! :yahoo:
I almost didn't get the pic at all because the light changed when I noticed you sitting there...
Those wheels looks so nice in person!!! :eek:k3::eek:k3:
Here's the proof:
Independence and Parker
heh... I was curious if your car was someone from the forum. I like what you did with the Impala on the trunklid.

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
Thank you! :beer:

Yeah, I figured you seen the phone pop out the window and would be like "WTF?"... :biggrin:

You definitely caught my attention. With the headlights and rims I knew it was your car right away... :eek:k3:
That all black looks menacing, especially with the push bar and Chromed center caps!

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Hey GTX, the only way to fix the tire rub is to get 225/45/18s in the rear with the fender roll. I went with the 235/45/18 before and i still got rub especially with people in the car.

I have 235/50/18 in the front. Better take off and a meaner look.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
That all black looks menacing, especially with the push bar and Chromed center caps!
That was the idea. I needed a daily driver to go half-way across the Metroplex every day, and having a car that says "don't mess with me" or "get out of my way" makes the drive much more pleasant :devil:

·
Registered
455 Posts
To the black Impala SS cop car clone. Really nice job. It looks great with the police steel rims and center caps and the push bar. Good job on taking off the spoiler. I prefer the 8th generation Impala without a spoiler. A spoiler doesn't make this car look any better, kinda sticks up too much. Also without it you look even more like a cop, which is probably why you took it off.

·
Registered
45 Posts
To the black Impala SS cop car clone. Really nice job. It looks great with the police steel rims and center caps and the push bar. Good job on taking off the spoiler. I prefer the 8th generation Impala without a spoiler. A spoiler doesn't make this car look any better, kinda sticks up too much. Also without it you look even more like a cop, which is probably why you took it off.
Thanks! Yeah You're 100% right !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man, how did you get the center caps to fit on the Charger rims? Are they from an Impala with 18’s? Does that matter? I thought I saw a post where you talked about it but I can’t see, to find it again.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts