Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up this 1995 9c1 today. It has a bad fuel pump, I think, and a leaking water pump and some other minor leaks. But for the low price I got it for I can complain!!!!

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the purchase. Post some pics :eek:k3: :beer:

·
Super Moderator
18,506 Posts

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
welcome need pics

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to yesterday and it wont let me, not sure if its cause I just set up an account or if Im missing something, ill see if I cant figure out what is going on!!!

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
pic might be to big for the site

·
Registered
432 Posts
PICS OR BAN! I'm so jealous of you guys in the warmer states. I'd love to get back into another bbody again, but everything up here has rotted away. Sadface!

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
PICS OR BAN! I'm so jealous of you guys in the warmer states. I'd love to get back into another bbody again, but everything up here has rotted away. Sadface!
Based on the cars that my friends from out of state brought with them when they moved here, we junk cars nicer than you all drive up there...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still not sure how to put up the pic :bang: but here is a you tube video after we messed with it a little, still needs the new pump!

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
what's the diagnosis? A fuel pump going bad and a bad opti spark, a bad fuel pressure regulator, and even a bad filter can sometimes seem similar in common problems. Wanna make sure you don't dive too deep before you realize it's something else. Glad to see another b-body on here though, you've got a good one :eek:k3:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pretty sure it is the fuel pump just not getting enough pressure to start her up. Once I it started she runs good. The guy I got the car from didnt have the love for the car to work on it. My brother has done some work on this car over the years. He just put in a new optispark. So that is a plus, once I do the fuel pump and water pump, we are going to go through it agian. Dont want to get stuck in the desert heat this summer!!!

·
Drinks Gasoline
237 Posts
You know, a $40 fuel pressure tester will work wonders to tell if that's a problem or not...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes i know, from the schreador I know it is way low. At first it gets a little pressure then just a small trickle. So Im thinking either a fuel pump and or a fuel leak too. I will be looking at it this week. He is much more familier than I am, for now any way!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts