Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just one of my 6 piano black pieces has tiny scratches, passenger rear door front. So weird since I have waxed them lightly 2 times within 13,000. All the others are perfect. Hmmm. Anyone else have issues on theirs?

I ordered a replacement on GM Parts today.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Just one of my 6 piano black pieces has tiny scratches, passenger rear door front. So weird since I have waxed them lightly 2 times within 13,000. All the others are perfect. Hmmm. Anyone else have issues on theirs?

I ordered a replacement on GM Parts today.

The pieces for my 2014 Impala 2LTZ, purchased new and garage-kept, have the clear coat peeling starting at the top.

I hand-wash the vehicle, using Meguiar’s car wash liquid soap, and I’m not sure what caused the peeling. There are no scratches and I have never waxed the pieces.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pieces for my 2014 Impala 2LTZ, purchased new and garage-kept, have the clear coat peeling starting at the top.

I hand-wash the vehicle, using Meguiar’s car wash liquid soap, and I’m not sure what caused the peeling. There are no scratches and I have never waxed the pieces.
Wow! That's sad too. I have seen several earlier impalas of our model with shitty black piano pieces around town. I guess they are just point A to B drivers. After my son's older LaCrosse, used, had cruddy pillar pieces, I thought I'd better take care of them. And still. No wonder most Lincoln TC have aftermarket chrome ones.

·
Registered
2014 Impala LT w/2LT 3.6L (10th Gen.)
48 Posts
How are they attached? What's involved in the replacement?
Our 2014 has considerable peeling on all 3 on the passenger side that faces South when parked in the driveway. It's usually garaged, but apparently just a little extra sun is all it takes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are they attached? What's involved in the replacement?
Our 2014 has considerably peeling on all 3 on the passenger side that faces South when parked in the driveway. It's usually garaged, but apparently just a little extra sun is all it takes.
Shucks, too bad. There are screws/ fasteners when you open the doors. Probably the starting point. Wont try myself until the one that started to go bad. The pieces aren't cheap, especially if we need 6.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts