Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into some new tires for the SS however I have been running Nitto NT450s with no problems so im kinda swayed to them you know. However i ran across "riken Raptor ZR's" They are 389.99 for 4 and i have read reviews on them and obviously some good some bad. Well one retard thought going through an "S" turn with snow on it and it didnt grip at 20mph:confused: thought it was crap so i kinda negate his theory right then and there. ANywho has anyone ran these tires and what do you think?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am looking into some new tires for the SS however I have been running Nitto NT450s with no problems so im kinda swayed to them you know. However i ran across "riken Raptor ZR's" They are 389.99 for 4 and i have read reviews on them and obviously some good some bad. Well one retard thought going through an "S" turn with snow on it and it didnt grip at 20mph:confused: thought it was crap so i kinda negate his theory right then and there. ANywho has anyone ran these tires and what do you think?
Do you drive the car all year with the tires? If so Kumho ASX, and call it a day. If you use them as dedicated summer only tires ASX or SPT. Fuck Nitto and the horse they rode in on. Their Drag Radial Sucks balls, and their other tires are PPHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you drive the car all year with the tires? If so Kumho ASX, and call it a day. If you use them as dedicated summer only tires ASX or SPT. Fuck Nitto and the horse they rode in on. Their Drag Radial Sucks balls, and their other tires are PPHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I have a set of NT450s on the SS right now and they have been a good tire they are not loud and would have lasted longer if i didnt do so many burnouts. Anywho I was wondering if anyone had used the rikens which are made by michelin and who did they like them i just dont want to drop money for tires and get crap tires. I dont drive the car in the winter for the most part but it does see snow every now and then. I dont want drag radials one it is not a drag car and two i am college student and that just screams problems. So kuhmo i have good and bad things but i am not impressed with the quality as my friends have had trouble with them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a set of NT450s on the SS right now and they have been a good tire they are not loud and would have lasted longer if i didnt do so many burnouts. Anywho I was wondering if anyone had used the rikens which are made by michelin and who did they like them i just dont want to drop money for tires and get crap tires. I dont drive the car in the winter for the most part but it does see snow every now and then. I dont want drag radials one it is not a drag car and two i am college student and that just screams problems. So kuhmo i have good and bad things but i am not impressed with the quality as my friends have had trouble with them.
I wasn't saying you needed drag radials, I was just commenting on the fact that a drag radial should be one hell of a sticky tire, and the Nitto wasn't. i was cutting better lights on 255/50/17 712 Kumhos then I was on the Nitto 275/50/15 drag radials.

Go to www.impalassforum.com Ask people over there what they run for a good tire, and you'll hear Kumho. Some of the high dollar tires are great tires, but Kumho tires are a great performers for a great value.

Matt

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that is true it is sad to say the japs make better tires they burn less rice too.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i got the fuzion zr1 there not a winter tire but dont drive it much during that time anyway,these are the 1st 17" tire ive owned so i cant compare or judge but in sure theres people that have gone thru many different brands of tires out there over the years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts