Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one know of any performance shops that specialize in 05 chevy impala's thanks. and also has any one did a 3.5 top swap on a 3.4 impala

·
Registered
73 Posts
if your going to do a top swap why not just swap the 05 ss motor. 3800 s/c motor are work horses! but zzperformance.com is where i got most of the stuff for my 03 impala. they are great with customer service, havent had a problem with them yet!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks all im thinking about just doing the 3.8 swap and put a turbo or supercharger on it or just go n/a

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah those 3800 turbos make crazy power, after supercharging mine i wish i just would have went with the turbo. oh well to late and either way you go there is always a lot of improvement to be done after the swap! :eek:k3:

·
Registered
73 Posts
haha doesnt sound like a bad idea, but i want it to be a daily driver, the supercharger will be plenty after i get a smaller pulley, intercooler, injecters, and cam! looking to be aroung 350hp to the wheels!

·
Registered
82 Posts
haha doesnt sound like a bad idea, but i want it to be a daily driver, the supercharger will be plenty after i get a smaller pulley, intercooler, injecters, and cam! looking to be aroung 350hp to the wheels!
With the right cam you'll be right there!
Just be prepared for tire spin...lots and lots and lots of tire spin.
LOL

·
Registered
82 Posts
Love the Impala in that video...

Turbos absolutely are the most efficient power adders out there...but hang around a track enough, and you get to appreciate all the different ways of making power. LOL

N/A, turbocharged, supercharged, sprayed...it's all good if it's making nice power.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am... The instant, insane torque you get from nitrous is unmatched. I used to spray one of my old Mustangs out of the hole with a 125 shot - it was quite fun. :D

To each his own though.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts