Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know what would be a good performance chip for a 2011 impala with 3.9l? i was looking at the jdm performace chip but not sure if their was a better one.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
check overkill website for PCM tune.
Other on here have used them.

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
do they even still make chips? When people say tune, you can either buy a pre programmed handheld from someplace like super chips or Diablo, or you can get a custom tune. I have had a pre programmed tune and I've had a custom tune. for simplicity and ease of use, there's nothing wrong with a pre programmed tune. I currently have a custom tune, but that is only because the tuner was convenient to my location and things can be a little trickier when dealing with turbo boost. you don't want to overdo it.

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was looking at a jdm performance chip it plugs into the OBD2 port in car it is a lil box bout size of business card for $200

·
TRD 10 Series FRS
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so what would be better the jdm performance chip or the custom tune from overkill motorsports?

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Box tune or overkill. Stay away from the chips.

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
I currently have a custom tune, but that is only because the tuner was convenient to my location and things can be a little trickier when dealing with turbo boost. you don't want to overdo it.
YEA, YEA, YEA...
BRAG, BRAG, BRAG...

OH CRAP! Did I just say that out loud??? :yikes:

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Meh. Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts