Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2015 impala ls limited. 3.6 vvt engine. I love the car but would like just a little more power. I've been looking at a GTE Stage 1 Performance Chip OBDII Module. Any feedback on this or another recommended plug and play model?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I recently purchased a 2015 impala ls limited. 3.6 vvt engine. I love the car but would like just a little more power. I've been looking at a GTE Stage 1 Performance Chip OBDII Module. Any feedback on this or another recommended plug and play model?
While I only did a quick Google search on that product, I'd wager it works the same as any other "chip". The way these chips make power is by tricking the computer into thinking the engine is running under optimal conditions. Usually by making it seem like it's getting a lot of nice cold air. Sure it may give you more power, but it's not a very safe way of doing it.
Legitimate tunes optimize the response to the conditions.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I can only speak for the OverKill tune. I had just the ECM tuned at first in my 2012 and it was noticeable but getting the ECM and TCM tuned is what you want for all around drivability and performance. Look up the OverKill tune and read the description for the transmission tuning! If Trifecta offers transmission tuning that may be a good option also.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Go with an Overkill or Trifecta tune. Chips are a scam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts