Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i found a hulkspeed rear pem really cheap!! i just dont know much about them, will it install pretty easy or no? & if i get my hands on a front plog would it hook up fine regardless of brand or no?

thanx in advance!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
hulkspeed has a good rep, ive never dealt w/ them though
front PEM bolts directly to OEM xover
you'll have to disco the dogbones and tilt the engine forward to make it easier on yourself (think glorified plug change as far as difficulty goes)

the only issues i see you having are the rusty ass bolts in the OEM connections worse case scenario, goto Lowes (the sell SS Grade 8 bolts, HD doesnt last time i checked) and grab some replacements

if you dont understand any of that, you may have issues doing this mod LOL

stock gaskets SHOULD work as long as you dont mangle them during the swap. the PLog swap is alot easier just b/c of the location.

If you have all your treehugger equiptment still in place (egr & such) it'l make things a bit cramped for room. theres always the $0.50 egr delete mod though. ;)

if you dont have e-testing/inspections remove the egr, cut the tube and remove it, replace w/ hitemp rtv and 2 coins! no more dirty hot air thru the blower!!!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the hulkspeed is a rear pem, so how is that install?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
you'll have to disco the dogbones and tilt the engine forward to make it easier on yourself (think glorified plug change as far as difficulty goes)

the only issues i see you having are the rusty ass bolts in the OEM connections worse case scenario, goto Lowes (the sell SS Grade 8 bolts, HD doesnt last time i checked) and grab some replacements
;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lol i just got confused when u said FRONT pem!!!
front PEM bolts directly to OEM xover

if you dont understand any of that, you may have issues doing this mod LOL
i guess i may have issues doing this mod lol!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
its not too bad, the dogbones are the front engine braces, you'll have to disconnect them @ the engine and @ the rad suppoer and remove them, then use a ratchet strap to pull the engine forward, there are "lift points @ the rear of the engine you can use or just put the blots back in and used those. Its just so you have some room to work, but you'll have to diconnect where cross over pipe and where the main connects to the downpipe before rocking the engine forward first... if you an change your plugs, you should be able to handle this ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet thanx man!! im looking @ a couple plogs but they both seem 2 have a crack :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts