Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[So What's Up Everyone]
I am joining because I have questions about my '95 Impala SS, I bought it recently form a second-owner and it came with 22" rims(which is okay....I guess)but the problem is this I am on my second(you heard me? SECOND0 transmission:bang: SOOOOOOO I have questions:

-1) Are these rims too big? And if so, are they the reason for my reverse going out? :gaah:

and

-2)Should I convert it from a 4L60 trans to a 4L60E trans? or add a more powerful torque converter?

and finally

-3)What size rims are ideal for performance? (I like the black stock-car style with meat)

Thank you for your time in taking interest in reading this, and if you chose to answer, your time is well appreciated. :eek:k3:

thank you,
'Z':gaah:

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Well, I can speak for part of this.

The rims are very hard on the mechanics and is probably responsible for beating the tranny so hard. I suggest removing them and staying 19" or LESS to relieve this problem. Hell, you may even walk away with some extra $$ if you sell the 22s and get smaller rims. :)

BTW, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:clap:DonMateo,
Thank you for your insight, I hope we meet in the future, I totally agree, that is my next move! You should add me in your section, I will move on that asap! your Impala is nice!! If you ever in Oakland, CA hit me! Please stay in contact

Z

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
since you're shopping for a new tranny, you should look into a 4L80.....much more durable! I'm surprised more people don't go this route around here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't know a 4L80 was a better choice, thank you for schoolin' me, I didn't know a 4L80 could fit a '95 and have more power, good looking, I'll check it out....

Thanks NotA...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mean you are in a different section of the country than I, so add me to your section as in the that part of the U.S.(like you are in Racine and I'm in Oakland

1 - 7 of 7 Posts