Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 impala SS and still under warranty. I want to tune my engine either getting my PCM reprogrammed or by a hypertech power programmer that hooks directly to the obd port and tune it the same way as the PCM. Now can the dealership find out if I have a reprogrammed PCM or if my settings have been changed or tampered with if I buy the power programmer? Does anyone know more about this? Please help me

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Yes they can if something happens where they question what modifications were done to the car. It has the program protocall code version information stored in the data base. Most of the time when the car is take in they only check the DTC's.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they can if something happens where they question what modifications were done to the car. It has the program protocall code version information stored in the data base. Most of the time when the car is take in they only check the DTC's.
Yes to just the PCM or Hypertech or both?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
When ever the PCM program is modified it leaves the software version in the memory of the PCM. So yes to both.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When ever the PCM program is modified it leaves the software version in the memory of the PCM. So yes to both.

So do you think this could possibly void my dealership warranty?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
yes it could, but only if the dealership has reason to verify if the software has been modified. And that would depend on what breaks befor the warrany expires. If the warrany is almost over I would wait before reprograming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts