Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so instead of making a new thread everytime I make a change to my impala I figured I'll go ahead and make this to just update everyone on this thread. Hope that's okay. Well today all I did to it was give the interior a really good cleaning spent about 2 hours vacuuming and cleaning things inside the car. It looks like brand new again. I'll keep all you updated as I do more. See ya everyone.

·
Breathe Easy
1,374 Posts
Is it okay? Hell yeah it is! Your Imp reminds me a lot of mine in the early stages of mods...looking forward to seeing more from you, man! :beer:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it okay? Hell yeah it is! Your Imp reminds me a lot of mine in the early stages of mods...looking forward to seeing more from you, man! :beer:
Thanks man I plan on redoing my taillights today and maybe dipping the 'metal' part in between the two grills I think it'd look good matte black right there

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Starting off the morning with putting a VERY light smoke on my headlights with vht nightshade I'll post the end result after awhile

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Just in case you didn't realize it, the headlights on these cars come out EXTREMELY easily. Remove (1) 7mm bolt and pull white plastic thing up and out and the headlight will come right out. Would be much easier to apply the VHT with the headlight removed! :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn I already started before I checked back in lol oh well first coat came out good I'll put 1 more on it then do the other

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you guys think my impala would look good with the space between the two front grills plasti dipped (so matte black to match the grills)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well headlights are finished but I'm going to have to wait till I pull out of garage to take pics because on the camera in here you can't even tell

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
7th gens are even easier! 2 slot-style connectors, no bolts :eek:k3:

I think it would be very subtle. Doubt it would look bad, but 99% of people probably wouldn't even notice it

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Since your car is already black, I definitely wouldn't waste the time or effort to plastidip that little section black... Paint looks so much better than plastidip. I never understood the whole "plastidip your whole car" thing. I've never seen plastidip look anywhere near as good as a real paint job...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I put 3 more coats on my taillights and 2 light coats on my headlights in the sun the headlights look a bit darker then they actually are

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Here's a better pic of my freshly painted taillights

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
Those tails look dark. Does light still shine through them? I'd be scared of getting rear-ended

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
How well though? I've seen plenty of tinted lights that you can still see the brake lights, but they are quite dim. Adding 3 coats on top of what you already had seems excessive. 3 coats seems to be the suggested maximum total coats of VHT

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I gotta run a couple errands then I'll show you guys the tails and headlights with lights on

1 - 20 of 146 Posts