Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the front of my car almost entirely cause of accident.

I was thinking of getting these for the headlights :

SPEC-D® - Chevy Impala 2006-2008 Chrome Dual CCFL Halo Projector Headlights

or shall I look at getting darker lights like these :
SPYDER® HD-ZO-CHIP06-AM-BK - Chevy Impala 2006-2013 Black Crystal Headlights

or would this look better ?

SPYDER® - Chevy Impala 2006-2010 Black CCFL Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs

I cannot decide the bumper replacement and hood replacement. Is there a website that shows all parts for an imp. ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
amazon.com, 1aauto.com,craigslist for used sheetmetal.used headlights are all over ebay &craigslist.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
amazon.com, 1aauto.com,craigslist for used sheetmetal.used headlights are all over ebay &craigslist.
Headlights yes, but what about bumpers, grill and hood ?

·
Registered
536 Posts
gm parts warehouse for oem body panels. auto parts warehouse for aftermarket panels. keystone body panels from rockauto.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gmpartsdirect.com
Mind if i get what you have for your front of the imp.

Black honeycomb upper and lower grill
Eagle Eyes CCFL Black Projector Heads(5000k hid)

Any ideas on bumpers what to pick, one with fog light (would i have to rewire or something to get fog lights to work because original bumper was without fogies)

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your best bet is getting a used front clip and pocket the rest of your insurance money.
Naa i wont even see the money mate, the insurance company will pay direct to whatever shop i take the car to, just gotta pay the shop the 100$ i will owe them. So if i can get all parts well within what the insurance mentioned it be great, but I might end up spending maybe 300 - 400$ extra out of my pocket which is ok to get the upgrades i was planning to get :devil:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Go for it man i think its the best look for the impalas.

I like the stock bumper with the one slot cut out and it outlined in black like i have.

But thats just me

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go for it man i think its the best look for the impalas.

I like the stock bumper with the one slot cut out and it outlined in black like i have.

But thats just me
I do not understand the one slot cut out bit ? Is that the driver side red fog light looking cutout ? What is that red thing anyways is that fog light ? I wonder if i should get a racing hood with air intake cutout :yikes:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
The red thing is just a intake for my cold air intake.

I have the stock ls bumper with no foglights.
I cut out that single bar that goes across where the foglights would go on the upper scale models

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts

Some shitty pics i just took real quick.

The only hood they make for the impala is like $1000 but i think it looks sweet!
Or you could have the body shop mold a hood scoop into the hood.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ejbiers thinks he is a ricer, thats why he is turning his Impala into a wannabe Nissan.
nissan people actually drive those these days ?

ejb whats with the snow i thought u were somewhere in the hot zone where it dont snow much ?

Btw where did you get your honeycomb grill btw, i cannot find any online store. Is it stainless steel ?

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Yeah i just bought a big wing and some trd badges for my nissan. Haha

If i wanted to be a ricer i wouldnt have gotten rid of my toyota supra. Nice try though

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Plastic honeycomb grill off ebay $110

I live in new jersey man we just got 4inches of snow lol.
Bumer... i had hoped it was stainless steel. I was planning to get stainless steel or brushed metal look, does it feel cheap plastic though or it solid enough to take an impact or two from big bugs on highway ?

Supra i think are good cars, my friend says he likes his supra over 240sx. O wait its a chevy forum :devil: . Cant wait till 2nd when the proper body shops open, asked around at few dealerships, say atleast 6 to 8 weeks to fix :gaah: .

I was like hmm.. maybe i should start ordering parts but than again will ask the shops to do the shopping cause they take the money direct from insurance.

Going to keep driving it as such (till shop says come in we got all the parts and ready for install) hoping no cop pulls me over and hands me a ticket for not having turn signal or headlights. :biggrin:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Its heavyduty thick plastic. The honeycomb is a very sturdy design and its about an inch to an inch and a half thick.

id be careful with no headlight sounds like a your gonna get a ticket and its pretty unsafe.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
id be careful with no headlight sounds like a your gonna get a ticket and its pretty unsafe.
Just the left headlight, i can probably jimmy back the headlight into place with zip ties or something, but got the sticker on the window from the accident scene so if someone pulls over i will try to weasel my way out. I know that tail light and signals are critical cause you need to let others behind you know what you are doing. Not so much the front.

The latest i can get the car in garage seems to be after 22 January :bang: so still phoning around, cannot help it if there are no shops you can take it in and get the darn rental. :dizzy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts