Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a code in my 2014 impala tells me that the
Engine Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Oil Control Valve | 916-806 | Engine ... i have ordered part from dealer back ordered tried online at alot of web pages they all say discontinued and dealer says cause of strike anybody know where i can get this part thanks

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Engine Variable Valve Timing (VVT) Oil Control Valve | 916-806 | Engine ... i have ordered part from dealer back ordered tried online at alot of web pages they all say discontinued and dealer says cause of strike anybody know where i can get this part thanks

This is one of many parts still not available through the GM part’s distribution network - thanks to the UAW and their strike.

I do not know how you can obtain the part, other than order it from a dealer (and prepaying for it, not just checking to see if they have it) - and waiting for it to arrive.

You may want to write the UAW and let them know how you feel about their lack of concern for GM customers. Numerous UAW official are corrupt and have been indicted or convicted of felony charges - so they may not care about your or your GM car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh thats what i did was order and prepat from dealer before christmas and thats what i said i was doing was checking on it and it cannot get the part anywhere lol

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Ahh thats what i did was order and prepat from dealer before christmas and thats what i said i was doing was checking on it and it cannot get the part anywhere lol
You are smart to order / prepay.

I was one of the many GM customers whose car (2014 Impala 2LTZ) sat at the dealer for a week for repair, but they were unable to get the part (a month after the strike ended). I was lucky enough to find the part on line via EBay and repair my car myself.

GM made a lot of public statements how they “stocked up” on new cars prior to the strike, so that sales and their customers would not be affected.

Their brilliant executives and managers failed to “stock up” on parts, so their customers could have their cars serviced and fixed. Their parts’ computer systems can tell them how many parts they sell on average, and the high-demand parts (high failure rate). Why they didn’t accelerate the parts manufacturing prior to the strike is beyond me.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Did you need the same part or a different one

I needed a different part.

Isn’t the valve you need for the 4-cylinder engine?

I had also purchased the GM extended warranty, with rental coverage if the repairs would take overnight. The Chevrolet dealer had no rental vehicles available, so I had to borrow a car from a relative. The dealer said all of their 25 rentals were out, being used by customers that had cars waiting for parts.

I’m convinced the GM and the UAW have little or no concern for the customers that buy their vehicles, and have them serviced and repaired using genuine GM parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
I refused to pay the 700 dollars on eBay so I bought a bunch of these and will be listing them on eBay, Amazon, or Walmart.com. If you guys need a link to it then please email me. I’m hoping to have them listed by may 15th. Goodluck hunting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like they are starting to come out I ordered mine back in December and got it at the dealer yesterday

1 - 12 of 12 Posts