Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , i was driving my IMPALA 2014 the weather was great so i decided to open up the panorama roof , pressed the button for the curtain and there it happened , the thing jammed and a very loud sound sounded like a metal tape being tangled , the curtain sank to down to my head , i pulled over the edges of the curtain got ripped and i saw the metal ape dangling down from the sides , to me it seemed like the were holding the curtain in place but i believe that something got between the tapes & motor pulling it ( still a theory ) that caused it to be tangled and at some areas even ripped , now i'm in a town with very old garages , the second they see my car they just shaking their heads saying " sorry , i have no idea how to dea with these new cars " now i'm stuck ,,,,,, any of you gents know how to safely at lease reach the insides and fix what can be fixed for the time being ?
thanks,,,,,,,,,,
:cry:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
hi , i was driving my IMPALA 2014 the weather was great so i decided to open up the panorama roof , pressed the button for the curtain and there it happened , the thing jammed and a very loud sound sounded like a metal tape being tangled , the curtain sank to down to my head , i pulled over the edges of the curtain got ripped and i saw the metal ape dangling down from the sides , to me it seemed like the were holding the curtain in place but i believe that something got between the tapes & motor pulling it ( still a theory ) that caused it to be tangled and at some areas even ripped , now i'm in a town with very old garages , the second they see my car they just shaking their heads saying " sorry , i have no idea how to dea with these new cars " now i'm stuck ,,,,,, any of you gents know how to safely at lease reach the insides and fix what can be fixed for the time being ?
thanks,,,,,,,,,,
:cry:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wow, If there is a service bulletin. Chevy dealerships are aware of the problem. If not, let them know it was generated Sept 2014. They should take care of the issue at no cost, even if out of warranty.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think you still have to eat the cost if it is out of warranty and it is not a recall. TSBs do not count as recalls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts