Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone baked their tails and painted the chrome like so many have done with their headlights? i realize this might not make much of a difference (like tinting them might) but anything to dim those glaring red tails... any thoughts? or even better does anyone know if someone has done this? if not im claiming it lol

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I might be wrong but I think he means the housing not the reflective part.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Just tint them broski

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
any 1 know of a good DIY video showing how to tint tail lights
Search youtube :eek:k3: Plenty of vids on there. But, it's pretty straight forward. It's all in the prep! Spend plenty of time wet sanding in stages first, then clean, let dry, paint in LIGHT coats (20-30min in between coats), let dry for a good amt of time, wet sand in stages again, could clear if desired (but, its difficult), good polishing, and wax if desired.

·
Banned
667 Posts
has anyone baked their tails and painted the chrome like so many have done with their headlights? i realize this might not make much of a difference (like tinting them might) but anything to dim those glaring red tails... any thoughts? or even better does anyone know if someone has done this? if not im claiming it lol
Be sure to get some super bright bulbs other wise you will open your self up to some liability issues if you get rear ended. Since it's illegal in all 50 states.

I seen some so dark that they were useless as tail lights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts