Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read the previous posts regarding the P2122 code ... most seem to need a throttle body and/or an APP pedal assembly to be changed. I've replaced the pedal already last year, no change. Code is not there anymore, but my cheap Innova 3030e code reader won't get rid of the 2 lights on in the dash.

3 years ago the messages Reduced Power and Service Traction Control popped up on the dash, and it ran rough. After stopping for 5 minutes it started up and ran fine, but the TC and ABS lights stayed lit up in the dash, to this day.

So now I'm wondering. Should I replace the throttle body anyway ? I never got the feeling that the pedal fixed the problem. Once the issue is resolved (Throttle body replaced and re-learned, if that's the actual problem), would those 2 lights go out on their own, or do you have to use a better quality code reader to get the codes erased and lights out ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Torque pro is a cheap, good app that can clear codes. You just need a $10-15 OBDII adapter from Amazon and you can clear codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts