Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some advise as I am getting an error code P0132 which looks to be the 02 oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1 Also with some idling and engine light.

This looks to be the "upstream" sensor that many say is pretty straight forward to replace. Its looks to be in the front lower part of the engine.

I was looking on the site to see if there were any post I could reference to make this repair as smooth as possible.

thanks for any insite.

2015 chevy impala LTZ 6 cylinder

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sensor is reading a rich condition 1v can you introduce a vacuum leak to see if it will drop down to .2v?
Reason being it may not be the sensor at fault could be engine running rich.
Fuel trims are normal LT+ ST within plus/minus 10?

In addition circuit signal/heater circuit could be at fault.
Pigtail connection tight?
May disconnect/reconnect to see if have any effect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I ve heard this term before running rich but not 1 v. can you elaborate when you have a moment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, I replaced the upstream sensor and reset the check engine light but it still came back on. Checking to see if I get the same error code. Will update once I have it checked.

thanks for the input.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I believe both upstream oxygen sensors are the same, I'm saying this just in case you replaced the wrong one and you could install the sensor you removed into the other location if this is the case. The firewall side of the engine is Bank 1 and the radiator side is Bank 2.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts