Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife stuffed the car in a snow drift trying to make it to our garage in the recent storm we got. It was high centered on the snow so I had to yank it out to get it unstuck... No big deal. That said when I initially went in to see if I could rock it out I saw the check engine light on.

Once I got it into the garage I read the code and it came back as P0606 (internal pcm fault) It's been thawing out in a heated garage for a day so I'm hoping once everything dries out all will be happy but has anyone had this fault code before? There really wasn't any snow up inside the engine compartment, or any by the ecu. I've read that code can be related to the body control modules as well? Is there a bcm down by the chassis somewhere that maybe got damaged from sitting on the snow? The car seems to run and drive ok, the only thing I notice that doesn't work now is remote start.

All fuses look ok. Anywhere else to look? I pulled the negative off last night. Going to try and start it today and see if it's still present.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That makes sense I guess on the remote start. P0606 looks pretty vague as far as what it could be. Wonder if a dealer Tech 2 or MDI would be able to pinpoint if its in the ecu or bcm or some other module...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
^+1. My code book just says p0606= pcm processor fault. May try googling the code for more info. Or search the forum here.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I got lucky for once, I put the car in a heated garage the next night and let it sit overnight with the battery disconnected. Put everything back together and the code went away. Hopefully that was just a fluke one time deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts