Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 LT with the 3.9. Car has engine light and my reader says p0499 Evap emiision system vent control. Has another one with low circuit?

Anyways is that the canister under gas cap mainly? I delete it and it comes back one when you start the car. The frustrating thing is that the autostart doesn't work.

I put my clone tech2 up to the car and EVERY body module had codes. 49 in total, but my obd2 engine/abs reader only caught two for p0499.

·
Registered
112 Posts
dang! I replaced mine with the same code. Now I also got a replace MAP sensor code. Did that. Now I have a abs off engine power reduced, and engine oil pressure low stop engine, as well as, Service throttle starting disabled. WTF X 2!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dang thats no good. My cheaper lenovo abs reader works great for the most part, I am hoping I can get a cheap part and get the engine light off.

Side note, did put wheel bearings on the front with some other suspension work. Got it 50 miles after alignment and service brake,abs,trac lights all came on. Ended up not getting the abs harness onto the brake shield all the way and it came unplugged. Was able to fix that by turning the wheel and feeling around.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Dang thats no good. My cheaper lenovo abs reader works great for the most part, I am hoping I can get a cheap part and get the engine light off.

Side note, did put wheel bearings on the front with some other suspension work. Got it 50 miles after alignment and service brake,abs,trac lights all came on. Ended up not getting the abs harness onto the brake shield all the way and it came unplugged. Was able to fix that by turning the wheel and feeling around.
Nice. I'm just waiting till I get my next check to buy some parts. I will look into the harness when I am working on getting the car running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts