Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a confirmation on location of Bank1, Sensor2 for 2004 Impala with the 3.4L engine...

I need some confirmation, due to conflicting information I am receiving on the location of the Bank1 Sensor2 O2 sensor.

The DTC is P0136, which coincides with B1S2.

One diagram I see is that B1S2 is located between the exhaust manifold and the CAT, but, another writer states that S2 is after the CAT.

The conflicting information is on the following site (unless I am looking at the pictures wrong, and not understanding the explanations; which could be entirely possible)... Where is the oxygen o2 sensor located on 2004 impala bank 1 - FixYa

Scroll down until you see the diagram / explanation of the cyl placement, and then the diagram of the exhaust. The explanation in diagram one, of the B1S2 location does not jive with the locations pointed out in diagram two.

Can someone please confirm location of B1S2 for the P0136, so that I replace the correct sensor?

Thank you.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Sensor 1 is after the manifold, sensor 2 is after the cat. However this is not the place for questions, I am moving the thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts