Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings wise community members. Anyone have code P0024 ("Exhaust Camshaft Position Timing - Over-advanced, Bank 2") show-up on a 3.6 LFX? Car is a 2014 Limited LTZ with ~55K on the clock. Drives fine, idles fine. Is this a common trouble code on the LFX? Haven't done any homework on it yet - how much of a PIA is it to do?

Thanks in advance for the sage wisdom.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thread which comes back is mine.... Is there an alternate way to type the code, like with a dash or a space?

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I've found that the search function just doesn't work very well on this forum. I now just go to google and type "impalaforums.com P0024", for example - and you'll get quite a few matches.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jtrsoky to the rescue...AGAIN!! Google search as indicated worked.

That being said, I already did the VVT solenoid replacement. Part cost around $50.00 and 10 minutes of my time, not including the oil change. Fortunately, GM did put a little thought into this solenoid's location and replacement. Had a shop clear the DTC and all is good.

Saved the old part just in case - external inspection showed nothing amiss. I will admit I am running a non-GM oil filter (gasp!) with 5W30 Mobil-1 (phew!) - referring to the posts which indicated the DTC could be oil filter/oil level/oil cleanliness related.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I don't know when the search function on the forum stopped working properly - it's almost like it only searches posts from the past few days or something? I'll have to mention that to the forum admins and see if they know what's going on.

Glad that you fixed the problem - please follow-up if something changes and the problem comes back - all very helpful for other members in the futrue!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Fwiw, yesterday, after reading this thread, I typed in "p0024" in the top right "google custom search" box and got 2-3 pages of p0024 threads...

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Interesting... What I've found is that if you use the forums Tools->Advanced Search, it doesn't return many results - but if you search via the forums "Google Custom Search" box, it seems to work fine (basically, it does the same things as going to google and typing "impalaforums.com ").

And since I normally use Tapatalk, it seems to be using the "Advanced Search" method of searching behind the scenes since it returns the same result as the "Tools->Advanced Search" (and searching other forums via Tapatalk seems to work normally). So I think the advanced search is broken - at least it seems that way to me.

Thanks for the input, @sheila - that is very helpful!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE: search function - I used the Google search within the forum (upper right corner of screen) and got nothing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts