Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i got my 96 bumper painted this weekend but of course the paint shop messed it up and shot overspray (i think clear coat) all over my car.

I haven't address the issue with the people yet, but i already had them redo it because they did a horrible job the 1st time so i don't think they will want to put anymore time into it. Also I am not one to sit and argue my way out of things, i really dont like to deal with people who cut corners.

my question is if i have to get this off myself what technique will work the best?

thanks

travis

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Go to your local Auto Paint store and buy a product called "Magic-Clay" and follow the directions. I have used this product many times and it even works to get the stuff off of your windows as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well

well turns out it wasn't the paint shop that messed up my car...the RTA bus station next to the paint shop was shooting buses with primer this weekend and it happened to land on my car.

the shop cleaned a little of it up before they realized it wasn't their fault. well at least i know how to take it off.

I have a clay bar is that what you were talking about?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
1) Depends on what type of clay bar you have, is it blue, then that might work. If unsure it may be safer to buy the Magic Clay kit.
2) you will also need the liquid that goes with and sprays on to lubercate and help the clay glide, remove and hold the grime (primer in this case) being removed from the car.

Magic Clay come in a complete kit. Some auto part stores even carry it.

Kenny

·
Registered
26 Posts
If the clay doesn't work you may have to wet sand it. First try some acetone but be careful as it may eat into the paint as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use the clay bar from Griots Garage. It is yellow and it did a good job on my overspray. The clay is very soft and will not leave marks that you have to buff out like a harder clay. Do what 77Impala said about getting a lubricating spray. You can use Maguires Quick Detail. Mine was self inflicted, detailed my engine compartment and got black overspray all over the passenger side of the car. The parts that I did not cover.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Am I missing something here? Someone else got overspray on your car and you're the one cleaning it up? The title of this post should read "How do I remove my foot from someone's ass?"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts