Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to get the remote start back after you have a overkilled tune put in your car?

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
If you have a check engine light on. The remote start will not work. I currently have that problem to.. get it cleared with the relearn and should work

·
Registered
641 Posts
The remote start functionality is part of the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver and the BCM, as long as the CEL is off the remote start should still function.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got the crank learn done. Now I just have to test out the remote start. I did the crank learn myself with the efi autocal that I bought cheap and downloaded the efi live programs.

·
3,934 Posts
hey let us know if it works and if you feel a diffrence or notice anything. like performance wise or car starting faster. i been wanting to know since i need the relearn to.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I need someone to hook a brother up with the Crank Relearn in Baltimore, MD! Car is running real nice with the tune. How much do u all feel the 1-2 shifts in these cars? After the tune, the 1 shift is way sharper, no more slow lag, but u definitely notice the 1 shift when accelerating. The other shifting points are hardly noticeable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need someone to hook a brother up with the Crank Relearn in Baltimore, MD! Car is running real nice with the tune. How much do u all feel the 1-2 shifts in these cars? After the tune, the 1 shift is way sharper, no more slow lag, but u definitely notice the 1 shift when accelerating. The other shifting points are hardly noticeable.
I still notice the 1 shift, maybe because the car is trying to accelerate so much, I don't know, but it is very noticable. My car also has around 106,000 miles on it.

·
3,934 Posts
Yea no more hard first shift. The tune does work well with exhaust and open cut airbox for more air...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know if the relearn really helped, but I think my car started the same right after I put the tune in anyways. I did hammer the car when I was going 60 mph and I hit about 95 mph, no problem at all. All I was thinking was holy _ _ _ _. The car has awesome pickup now.

·
3,934 Posts
So no changes from before to after the relearn?

Oh yeah that tune does make wonders. Feels like a brand new car I should've. Always had but didn't.

·
3,934 Posts
What do you mean? Like in order to make the tune more better?

·
3,934 Posts
upgrade your exhaust,either with cat back magna flow or jus up your piping to 3" take off your resonator and add hi flow mufflers. better for dual exhaust. then either CAI or cutout your factory air box for more airflow and throw on a K&N drop in air filter

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
upgrade your exhaust,either with cat back magna flow or jus up your piping to 3" take off your resonator and add hi flow mufflers. better for dual exhaust. then either CAI or cutout your factory air box for more airflow and throw on a K&N drop in air filter
sounds like that will be my next big upgrade after my shocks/suspension upgrade coming up

:laughing7: i saw that too.

·
3,934 Posts
you know what i mean ..............combination with it. :sign12::icon_thumbdown:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts