Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my new MAF sensor and the overkill tune installed. I can say that doing the relearn procedure took the longest, verything else was very easy. Now to just go for a drive.

Upon starting it up, it seemed to run smoother, maybe its just my imagination.

·
Registered
7 Posts
relearn with overkill

hi
have a 2008 ltz with 3.9 w/ fuel management system ? aka 3 cylinder mode with 70K miles and looking at getting the overkill ECM..

was wondering about the relearn process you are talking about..

what was the process and how long did it take.??

how has it helped with power and MPG.. i was looking 87 octane model.

thanks

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
That would be the passlock learn, it takes about half an hour, not really any way around it. You will also probably need a CASE learn, but you can drive it around as much as you want without that one being done, you will just have a check engine light, which will disable a remote start and cause automatic emissions failure.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi
have a 2008 ltz with 3.9 w/ fuel management system ? aka 3 cylinder mode with 70K miles and looking at getting the overkill ECM..

was wondering about the relearn process you are talking about..

what was the process and how long did it take.??

how has it helped with power and MPG.. i was looking 87 octane model.

thanks
The case relearn didn't really help it out as much as I thought. But there is a passlock relearn and a case relearn. The passlock you can do yourself.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The tune comes with instructions, but basically you turn the key on and leave it for 11 minutes, then turn it off, you repeat that 3 times. Good idea to hook up a battery charger during the process.

Reactions: volume
1 - 6 of 6 Posts