Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, so I'm looking to do an Overkill tune sometime soon. I have a few questions though. I currently have a resonator delete with stock muffler, I might be getting a Magnaflow or some sort of aftermarket one. Should I do that before or after the tune? Not sure if it would affect the tune. And also depending on whether or not I buy EJs intake, would that make a difference?

I don't know much about the tune and what not. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys

I also emailed Overkill asking the same questions but I haven't heard back yet, only been a week or so. Also does anyone know if there's still that Winter Sale going on?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
When you order the overkill, go ahead and tell will you have a custom cat back and a fwi. He can tune accordingly

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I could get the Overkill before doing the Intake and Exhaust mods? Just thinking it might screw with airflow, but that's why I'm asking. Don't know much at all about computer tunes or tunes in general

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I had mine done and included added the fwi in my order. I have not done a fwi or cai yet. I have had no priblems and a ton more power and response.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I would get the magnaflow exhaust installed first then do the Overkill tune. The magnaflows really improve exhaust outflow compared to the stock exhaust. I'm getting my car Overkilled in April. :)

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
There is really no harm in having the tune done first, just tell him the mods you plan on getting and have them tuned in, nothing will be harmed from running the tune without the mods. You would have to get pretty extreme before it would matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts