Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know if the Overkill Tune is worth the purchase. Pros and Cons? Is it DIY ready? I'm talking about the full $179.00 + fees tune. I emailed him but haven't gotten a response in awhile. Thanks for the input.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
It is 100% worth it IMO. You will gain a lot quicker throttle response better overall power and if you can keep your foot out of it better mpgs. The torque management will be reduced for less of a power loss and the DOD can be adjusted or cut out completely. Ignition and fuel is also adjusted, but I'm not smart enough to go into detail on that. The thing that should really seal the deal is the improvements to the transmission. The life of the transmission is extended. Everyone knows those transmissions are weak links and the price is defiantly worth it in saving you a few thousand dollars on a new transmission.

It is DIY.

I can't think of a single con, except for being more prone to speeding and risking a ticket. I installed mine in a 3400 v6 Impala and it feels like a whole new car. With my normal driving at 55 mph, I had to change my driving style to keep my speed down close to the limit. It was a huge improvement! Given my biggest gain it in the feel of the transmission and the throttle response. You have nearly double the displacement of me, I would expect to be blown away.

If your in it for all out performance gains I would recommend installing any go fast parts, as Will can tune for these. At the very least I would install a K&n or equivalent air filter and a higher flowing exhaust. A filter, exhaust and tune will awaken the inner beast in your SS.

Do some searching on the forum, SS owners can verify the improvements :eek:k3:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'd suggest going on a few "Tuning" websites-forums and look for people that are local. Some of those guys really know their stuff and could probably hook you up with a custom tune set up for your car going off of its real time readings. Then they could make adjustments to everything that would net better results.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fellas

Love the quick responses! I'm super pumped about this after reading the 3400 performance gains. I've researched tunes and I've decided to go with the overkill tune. All I will need it tuned for is a K&N CAI. I'm going to keep the exhaust stock because people already don't believe me when I say it is! Also I've posted a pic of my draw up design idea I did in the office yesterday so check it out and tell me what you think!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts