Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, wondering if someone can help me out or point me in the right direction.
I’ve recently upgraded to a 2018 Impala and am looking to add a little to it. So 2 questions if I may.
  • There used to be instructions for an overkill asi. I for the life of me cant find them. I have everything except the hose going from the manifold to the tube. (not sure if I worded that correctly) Just wondering if anyone knows what I need in regard to that or cant point me to the instructions?
  • Looking to get a tune. Ive been after Overkill for over a year. Would love to go with his tune as I have HPTuners… but… Im going to go with the Trifecta tune as I haven’t heard from him in ages. Has anyone run an intake with the trifecta tune?
Thanks for any info, always appreciated!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill, that's where I thought I saw it. Maybe its my browser but this is what I see at the end....

He bought it from here : :: Overkill Motorsports :: .
Unfortunately for you the owner Will no longer makes them for sale, he did however leave instructions at the bottom of the page for you to build your own. As has been stated before, you WILL need a tune to take advantage of the extra airflow, with one you will notice small declines in performance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
FYI,

I did a JacFab intake spacer, Maganaflow cat-back exhaust, and a Trifecta tune. I'm happy! But I still wanna go faster. Gonna pull the trigger and get the larger throttle body here soon. Ill let you know how it goes. Good luck to you and keep us posted on what you decide to do.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What kind of HP gains and acceleration gains did you see? Has anyone actually gotten their Impala Dyno'd after doing these upgrades? Just want to know what kind of power our engines are actually capable of before I start spending money on mods other than a tune.
To be honest, I can’t tell you what kind of hp gains without a dyno. All I can tell you is from my own experience and I’m happy with the combo I’ve put together and I plan on doing more. The car as of now, accelerates much faster and pulls much harder. This is noticeable throughout the entire rpm range at WOT(wide open throttle) without falling flat like a stock Impala does. If you’re looking for dyno results, this guy has done a few dynos and has posted his results. Here’s one he did with the Magnaflow exhaust system. Look him up.

DYNO TEST - MAGNAFLOW CATS VS OEM's - WOW!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts