Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a newby, anyway I am having an overheating problem, my car does fine, but when I come to a stop the temp gague goes all the way up to 260 and stay I replaced the waterpump used dex cool, but the step I have not done is bleed the cooling system, will this make it run hot, and what is the proper way to bleed the system, the fans are working fine, and the thermostat have been replaced twice

·
Registered
997 Posts
It will get very hot, if it still has air pockets trapped. Get the nose a bit higher, then open the bleeder on the WP neck, while running. Others will put a rag over the coolant tank opening and blow with the bleeder open, and the car off.

I have never experienced issues after bleeding it once. However, I typically park the front wheels on our driveway, and leave the rest of the car in the dirt road. Which gives me a very decent amount of "reverse rake"(ass low, nose high).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I tried that today with the engine running, it doesnt have a bleeder on the water pump so I just opened the top on the reservior it just kept bubbling, even after running awhile, I also noticied the passenger fan not running while it was bubbling and the temp, gauge stop working I jacked the car up in the front while the car was running?
Very disturbing

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I suggest you give as more info on your car,....year model, engine...yada, yada.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts