Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2003 impala that is having overheating problems. The temp gauge goes up and down like a yo yo. The car is not leaking any coolant. does not even seem like its hot. it goes up fan comes on and it goes down, over and over. Any suggestions

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
engine?
check the fluids, see if you're low on coolant
may also have air in the cooling system (bad LIM Gasket) which needs to be bled out
does the heater work?
Pass side floor boards wet at all?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the car is not actually hot. went out yesterday let it idle until it got up near the red line and then felt the hose,not even hot. then i opened up the red cap, nothing. the car does start blowing hot air after awhile. so im going to try a new thermostat and sensor.THX

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had the same problem. Mine turned out to be the 3 relay fans. I took them off of my 2007 Impala and pluged them into my 2005 and the problem went away. I replaced the thermostat and the coolant temperature sensor also.

But if your hose is not hot after 10min then your thermostat is stuck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
engine?
check the fluids, see if you're low on coolant
may also have air in the cooling system (bad LIM Gasket) which needs to be bled out
does the heater work?
Pass side floor boards wet at all?
My driver side floor boards are wet. What could this mean? Also my 05 SS has 55K miles. When should I change the supercharger oil?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 03' Impala with the V6. My passenger side floor board is wet. I am having overheating problems due to the electric fans not coming on. I checked the two 25 amp fuses for the fans and they were both blown. I replaced them and still no fans. I haven't had time to see if the fuses went out on me or not but I was wondering what could be causing this to happen? Also, what does the water on the passenger side floor board mean?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Water on the pass. floor means heater core is leaking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the heater core is leaking coolant? What exactly is it leaking, what does this cause, and what can you do to fix it?

·
Registered
557 Posts
chances are your heater core is fine. Your rubber guard under the cowl is probably off. You should remove the cowl and see if the rubber is in place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Overheating and No Heat

I am having a similar problem with my 2003 Impala. It overheated and shut down while i was driving. I have replaced the thermostat and the water pump and after about 10 minutes of running it starts to overheat and I still have no heat. Not sure what to look at now, thinking maybe it is a head gasket but no leaks that I can see and oil is good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts