Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 94 impala SS with 82K miles and recently flushed the cooling system. Now the car seems to run about 1/2 to 3/4 hot on the temp gauge while driving in stop/go traffic. When a/c on, it cools to 1/2.

Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have it flushed properly. I have a coolant flush machine that i bought from a friend who used to work as a tech

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Does this car have an electric radiator fan(s)? Is the fan coming on by itself? From your discription the fan may be only coming on when turn the AC on.

If so check that the fan temp sensor is working, it may be unpluged or the sensor may be bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both fans are operating properly. We used an infrared thermometer and the fans kick on at about 205 degrees. It quickly cools it to operating temp.

·
Registered
292 Posts
94 Impala SS overheating.

If you look over the water pump you will find a small valve to bleed the air out of the cooling system.

You may want to go to the 160 DEG F stat and have one of the tuner guys set up the fans to turn on at a cooler temp.

If you look in the Summit Racing web page there is a kit for LT-1 Camaros to turn on the cooling fans via a switch on your dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts