Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I looked and searched the threads to see if anyone had the same problem. I found a few but nothing that really pertained to my particular problem.

PROBLEM: This over heating issue happened a few weeks ago while I was driving in stop-and-go traffic.(I am in chicago so it was cold.) I get the car home and the first thing I can think of is possibly the thermostat was stuck close. So I replaced it and put around 500 miles on the car when it happened to me tonight while driving home again.....but this time the needle went past the red. I kept it on and checked to see if the fans kicked on and nothing. They were stopped. Can this be a cause?

I am not losing coolant.

The level is where it's supposed to be.

The system was bleed. (only 2 bleeder valves right?)

Thanks alot for any information guys!

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
sounds like your gauge might be bad, common problem with that car....contact 04detroit on this forum, he is the front wheel drive guru so to speak. Happy holidays

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much guys! I might go to Sears tomorrow and buy a heat gun(forgot the exact name) and aim it at the thermostat housing and compare that to what the gage says.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE: Ok so I replaced the coolant temperature sensor and it is still doing it. Fan relay? I only say that cause when I am stopped, the fan doesn't come on. It stays off and that's when the needle jumps.

I replaced the following:

THERMOSTAT

COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR........

Should I try the relay now?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so I replaced the 3 fan relays off of my 2007 Impala to my 2005 Impala and it seemed like the problem went away.

The fans went on finally with the 2007 Impala relays. Now I have to order 3 new ones for my 2005 :(

Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ok so I replaced the 3 fan relays off of my 2007 Impala to my 2005 Impala and it seemed like the problem went away.

The fans went on finally with the 2007 Impala relays. Now I have to order 3 new ones for my 2005 :(

Thanks for the help!!!
You sure its not the intake manifold gaskets? I had the same problem and that's how I fixed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts