Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1995 chevy impala ss 5.7l. I have done literally everything. I flushed out the radiator flushed it, put brand new coolant, brand new thermostat, changed oil, new gaskets, and it still one heats. No dash lights are on. Car has 145k miles. What I do realize is when the car is in park/netrual it revs pretty high but when I put it in drive/reverse it's drops down to lower rpms. The fans work perfect too I changed the coolant temp sensor and the temp gauge sensor. Also did the delete on the throttle body. I am going out now to buy spark plugs. Car has been sitting for a couple years. It used to run under the middle of the gauge on the cool side. Now it goes 3/4 of the gauge and up till it turns off.

·
Super Moderator
10,955 Posts
Idling high should not cause overheating. The fans should come on and keep it cool. How high of idle are you talking about. ?

·
Super Moderator
3,949 Posts
Guys have had the waterpump drive spline strip, if you find it stripped let me know I should be able to find you one, think they are hard to find new.

Are you sure the coolant didn't gel and the radiator or block is plugged?

Prolonged sitting could have the IAC stuck, sometimes you can free them by removing them cleaning and maybe lubricating, trying to push it in a little, I think those are still available new. I know I have spares of those but they have been sitting for years so could be seized.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.