Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the outside temperature has been wrong for a while, and I'm just sick of looking at it say -40, anyone know where the sensor is to fix this issue?

And i'm not sure why two of the three photo's are on their side, but alright...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Purchase a new ambient air temperature sensor at your local GM dealer - they are about $6-8.

The sensor is in front of the a/c condensor - behind the front grille. Remove the plastic radiator close out panel to gain access. The old sensor simply unplugs. Good luck.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I just got my 2015 Chevy Impala back from the Body shop. The temp worked before. I had some scraps on the front bumper so they replaced the bumper. When I go the car back the outside temp reads -40 just like the guy above. I'm thinking they never reconnected the sensor. Is there a quick way to find out. I don't have all day to bring it back and wait for them to fix the issue

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I just got my 2015 Chevy Impala back from the Body shop. The temp worked before. I had some scraps on the front bumper so they replaced the bumper. When I go the car back the outside temp reads -40 just like the guy above. I'm thinking they never reconnected the sensor. Is there a quick way to find out. I don't have all day to bring it back and wait for them to fix the issue

Remove the plastic radiator close-out panels which are held in place with plastic nails (about 8-10). The panels are flat, and immediately behind the header panel when you open the hood. This will enable you go see if the sensor is plugged in to the wiring harness. (I own a 2014 Impala 2LTZ).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchase a new ambient air temperature sensor at your local GM dealer - they are about $6-8.

The sensor is in front of the a/c condensor - behind the front grille. Remove the plastic radiator close out panel to gain access. The old sensor simply unplugs. Good luck.
I have the same issue on a 2014 Impala after the front bumper was replaced, Body shop replaced the senor but did fix the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts