Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Far 4800 miles, no chips behind the wheels and GM having a sale on them, I figured what the hell.

I have been delighted with no black plastic on the body of our last Gen V6 LTs. I couldn't do a Premier because of the black plastic under the rear bumper after a year of taping off the black plastic on my 2018 Camaro before waxing. Why would I add the splash guards? I'm tired of going slow thru water and after with my clean ride.

Before my Camaros, 2013 & 2018 I had a 2008 Mustang. Before I took delivery I had the dealer add the rear splash guards. Mine was the only Mustang I saw in 7+ yrs with them.

I used to think the Impala splash guards were too chunky, especially the front ones. Hopefully I'll get used to them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I put them on every vehicle. Where I work we have dirt lot, so they come into play quite often. The factory ones were not terribly impressive for knocking down the splash at decent speeds.

Pat

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been thinking of taking the splash guards to a body shop to get them painted, at least the sides and backs. I would want to have them painted body color on sides & backs or gloss black over all.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great ABZS! I really dig the subtle notice of them. They are a bit too chunky of a design,

I dropped my Impala off at local body shop for paint & installing them last night. Should be ready by Friday. They said the pepperdust is a bitch to match so they needed the car to test & tweak color before applying. I would def screw it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts