Impala Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would like to change the RS-As on my 2012 LTZ as well but I am reluctant to spend the money as they have very low mileage. They are poor in the snow. I put Firestone all season touring tires on my 2000 MB C230K a couple of years ago (close and convenient dealer) and no complaints. More comfortable than the factory Michelins and quieter imo. And way cheaper. But I can't speak for the winter performance as I don't like to drive the MB much in snow.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Appreciate the input, folks! I am still undecided and saving the $$ for tires, so opinions are still welcome. The RSAs are trash, though, and that seems to be a big negative in the snow.

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
I'm telling you man these Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZs...

·
Registered
519 Posts
I should be getting the Bridgestone - Turanza Serenity Plus Monday or Tuesday, but I'm coming from the cheapest tires the dealer could find, I'll update on my experiences next week with the bridgestones

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got General Altimax RT43's installed and I love them. Quiet, ride great, and awesome in the snow. Can't vouch for dry or wet traction since it's winter now, but I expect they will be just as good. Ordered through tirerack.com.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I did get the Turanza on monday and mind you I'm switching from a more junk tire (40K tires off brand) then the RSA's these are my notes on the tires-

-A little more road noise but to be expected from a 80,000 mile tire nothing too extreme
-a TON of grip compared to what I had can take off ramps and cloverleaf junctures a lot quicker now with much more confidence
-A little firmer ride but again expected out of a 80,000 mile tire and its not terrible
-a slight decrease in fuel milage about 3 mpg
-Great traction in snow/ice and dry

but over all I love the tires and would recommend them to any one

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks for the heads up! I am not sure if I'll be getting the tires this season or next since the snow should be done soon (hopefully) and I'd rather spend the $$ on new rims, but we shall see. I appreciate you updating this.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm pretty much decided on the Tiger Paw GTZ A/S for my 2012 LTZ. I'm going to wait until late fall to make this purchase. I only have 10k on the RSAs.

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
They are a great tire I can't say enough good things about them..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I changed my tires about 1000 miles ago. I went from the factory Goodyear Eagle LS2 to Continental True Contact. Damn! What a difference! Quiet, silky smooth ride, sticks to the road like glue even in torrential downpours. Great 90,000 mile warranty.

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
I'm definitely enjoying the Milestar MS932s too. We'll see how they wear, but they definitely grip well and ride well, and you can't beat the price.

They're also a good looking tire. Not something I thought about until they got put on, but compared to the pirellis, goodyears, and bridgestones I had on the SS wheels before, they just look a lot "beefier" and give the car a more muscular look. They also have rim guards on them, but they don't look as ridiculous as the ones on the pirellis. Just enough to protect from curb rash at low speeds, but doesn't stick out all that far.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I noticed how nice of a tire they are also. You can tell just by looking at the thread pattern they are beefy. Also I do like the rim guards also. It's not too much at all. And they handle much better then my old set of Cooper Lifelines. They were terrible. Especially during rain. I also like the stiff side wall, really helps the car grip when turning.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 34 of 34 Posts